Effective date: June, 2019
How we use your data and store your data
One Ocean Marine will collect personal details that you provide us with, whether that is from our website forms or from your CV. All your data will be held, used and disclosed by One Ocean Marine as follows;
- One Ocean Marine stores all data on a secure data server which is only accessible by our Employees.
- Candidates, your data is securely stored for various reasons, including: emailing you job specifications, submitting your CV to the client, arranging interviews, verifying references, and contacting you by telephone.
- Clients, your data is securely stored to enable submission of candidates’ CV’s, arranging interviews, contacting you by telephone and invoicing and other means of contact.
- One Ocean Marine will keep your data indefinitely; however, you can request to have your data returned to you and/or deleted at any time where no action is taken. However, when you have been placed on a vessel by One Ocean Marine we are required to hold your information for as long as needed.
- Clients and Candidates of One Ocean Marine you have the right to request your data at any time.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
One Ocean Marine uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
One Ocean Marine may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
One Ocean Marine will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
One Ocean Marine may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of One Ocean Marine Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”).
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://oneoceanmarine.com/contact-us/
One Ocean Marine is also a member of the Information Commissioners Office http://ico.org.uk/