MCA Approved Doctors

You must have an ENG 1 or an ML5 seafarer medical fitness certificate to work at sea!

You need an ENG 1 certificate if you’re any of the following
a seafarer
in charge of a ship
serving on a merchant ship or yacht

The maximum fee for an ENG 1 medical examination is £95

How to apply

An ENG 1 certificate must be issued by a doctor approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA)

Click below for you nearest MCA Approved Doctor

United Kingdom – Approved MCA Doctors 

Overseas – Approved MCA Doctors